Get full access to this article
View all available purchase options and get full access to this article.
PLEASE NOTE: These supplementary files have not been peer-reviewed.
Index of Supplementary Materials
Title of paper: The gap between theory and practice in function approximation with deep neural networks
Authors: Ben Adcock and Nick Dexter
Contents: Additional information on the testing setup for the numerical experiments in this work, as well as additional numerical experiments relevant to the discussions, more details about truncation parameters and lower set-motivated recovery strategies in compressed sensing, and proofs of the exponential convergence of best s-term polynomial approximations for holomorphic functions, the convergence of compressed sensing on the same functions, and the proof of the main result on the approximation of such functions with deep neural networks.
If you have the appropriate software installed, you can download article citation data to the citation manager of your choice. Simply select your manager software from the list below and click Download.
- Solving Elliptic Problems with Singular Sources Using Singularity Splitting Deep Ritz MethodSIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, Vol. 45, No. 4 | 8 August 2023
- An Adaptive Sampling and Domain Learning Strategy for Multivariate Function Approximation on Unknown DomainsSIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, Vol. 45, No. 1 | 23 February 2023
- Deep Neural Network Surrogates for Nonsmooth Quantities of Interest in Shape Uncertainty QuantificationSIAM/ASA Journal on Uncertainty Quantification, Vol. 10, No. 3 | 23 August 2022
- WARPd: A Linearly Convergent First-Order Primal-Dual Algorithm for Inverse Problems with Approximate Sharpness ConditionsSIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, Vol. 15, No. 3 | 15 September 2022
- Recovering Wavelet Coefficients from Binary Samples Using Fast TransformsSIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, Vol. 44, No. 3 | 19 May 2022